|izv. prof. dr. sc. Ivan Balabanić|
He received his PhD in Sociology from the Faculty of Philosophy, University of Zagreb in 2013. From 2008 to 2015 he worked at the Ivo Pilar Institute of Social Sciences on the research project Public Opinion and Mass Communication. From 2015 to 2019 he was employed at the Department of Sociology, Croatian Catholic University. From 2019 to present, he works at the Department of Sociology, Faculty of Croatian Studies, University of Zagreb. In 2015, he was elected as an Assistant Professor of Sociology, area of sociological methodology. In 2020, he was appointed Associate Professor of Sociology, Department of Sociological Methodology. In 2019, he was appointed Assistant Professor of Communication Sciences at the University Alma Mater Europea in Maribor. Lecturer of a number of courses in the field of methodology of social research and statistics in undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate studies at the University of Zagreb, Croatian Catholic University and University Alma Mater Europea in Slovenia. Author or co-author of 60 scientific and professional papers. Participated in numerous national and international scientific projects, of which the participation in three research projects of the Croatian Science Foundation stands out: Croatian Longitudinal Well-Being Research (CRO-WELL), Networks of public communication in Croatia: mediatisation of the public sphere and the challenges of new media (NETCOMM) and Strengthening the financial capacity of young consumers through education and behavioural intervention programmes (EfFICAcY). From 2020 to 2022, he was the Editor-in-Chief of the journal Croatology, published by the Faculty of Croatian Studies. Since 2017, he has been a member of the Croatology team, head of research fieldwork and director of causes in the European Values study project.
|Published papers recorded in the Croatian Scientific Bibliography Database (CROSBI)|
Note: this list of papers is located in an maintained by the Ruđer Bošković Institute which
is in charge of the Croatian Scientific Bibliography Database (CROSBI). This link will take you
to the appropriate CROSBI page of this person, containing a list of papers they have themselves entered in the database.
For further information and for instructions on changing the above data, please contact email@example.com.
|List of select publications|
Scientific interest: Methodology of social research, statistics, sociology of media, sociology of risk, communication studies.
|List of select projects|
1. 2020 - present. Collaborator on the project Strengthening Financial Capability of Young Consumers through Educational Programmes and Behavioural Interventions (Head: Andrea Lučić, Ph.D., Faculty of Economics, University of Zagreb, funded by HRZZ)
2. 2020 - 2022 Collaborator on the project Analysis of social factors influencing the quality of life of Croatian veterans (Project sponsor: Association of Veterans of Croatian Guard Forces. Financed by the European Social Fund within the framework of the Thematic Network for Socio-Economic Development and the Promotion of Social Dialogue in the Context of Improving Working Conditions)
3. 2022 - Participant in the project "Join - Active in retirement" Zelinski Aktivni Zlatni Umirovljenici - Club ZAZU (Promoter: Red Cross Zelina. Financed by the European Social Fund within the framework of the Thematic Network for Socio-economic Development and the Promotion of Social Dialogue related to the improvement of working conditions).
4. 2021 - Collaborator in the project "Network for the activation of young people - a new project for new opportunities" (promoter: Zamsli Association. Financed by the European Social Fund within the framework of the Thematic Network for Socio-economic Development and the Promotion of Social Dialogue related to the Improvement of Working Conditions)
5. 2020 - 2022. collaborator of the project ONE heart, one soul, one CROATIA (project promoter: Humanitarian Association "fra Mladen Hrkać". Financed by the European Social Fund within the framework of the Thematic Network for Socio-Economic Development and the Promotion of Social Dialogue in Connection with the Improvement of Working Conditions)
6. 2019 - 2020 Collaborator on the project "Disinformation and science - a survey". Report for the Republic of Croatia. The project was commissioned and funded by the European Parliament.
7. 2017 - present. Member of the Croatian team and executor of the field in the project European Values Study 2017 (EVS - sponsored by GESIS - Leibniz Institute for Social Sciences at the European level / CBF, Faculty of Law and Faculty of Philosophy of the University of Zagreb, Croatian Catholic University in different Croatia)
8. 2017 - 2018 Collaborator in the project Improving financial literacy of young people with the aim of optimising risk exposure and defining factors influencing the development of entrepreneurial activity (Head: Assoc. Ph.D. Roman Šubić, Croatian Catholic University)
9. 2015 - 2018 Collaborator in the Croatian Longitudinal Research on Well-Being project - CRO-WELL (Head: Prof. Ljiljana Kaliterna Lipovčan, PhD. Ivo Pilar Institute of Social Sciences, funded by HRZZ)
10. 2014 - 2017 Collaborator in the project Networks of public communication in Croatia: mediatisation of the public sphere and the challenges of new media - NETCOMM (Head: Prof. Nada Švob-Đokić, PhD, Institute for Development and International Relations (IRMO), funded by HRZZ)
11. 2017 - 2018 Collaborator on the project Analysis of the market for electronic publications registered in the Book of Electronic Publication Providers under the Electronic Media Act (commissioned by the Electronic Media Agency)
12. 2017 - 2018 Collaborator on the project Religious Issues in the Croatian Media Space (Head: Prof. Jerko Valković, Ph.D., Croatian Catholic University)
13. 2016 - 2017. leader of the project Populism, Youth and Media (leader: Ivan Balabanić, Ph.D., Croatian Catholic University)
14. 2016 - 2017 Collaborator in the project Monitoring Media Pluralism in Europe - Testing and Implementation of the Media Pluralism Monitor 2016 - Croatia (organisation and management of the project within the European University Institute from Florence)
15. 2015 - 2016 Collaborator in the project Monitoring Media Pluralism in Europe - Testing and Implementation of the Media Pluralism Monitor 2015 - Croatia (organisation and management of the project within the European University Institute from Florence)
16. 2015 - 2016. project leader Pilar's Barometer of Croatian Society (Head: Ivan Balabanić, Ph.D., Institute of Social Sciences Ivo Pilar)
17. 2014 - 2017 Associate and member of the Board of Directors of Action COST IS 1308 Populist political communication in Europe: understanding the challenge of mediatized political populism for democratic politics
18. 2009 - 2010 Associate in the project Pilar-Barometer of Croatian Society (Head: Prof. Ljiljana Kaliterna-Lipovčan, PhD, Institute of Social Sciences Ivo Pilar)
19. 2008 - 2014 Researcher in the project Research on Public Opinion and Mass Media (Head: Prof. Vesna Lamza-Posavec, Ph.D., Institute of Social Sciences Ivo Pilar, funded by the Ministry of Science, Education and Sports of the Republic of Croatia)
Hrvatski studiji Sveučilišta u Zagrebu pokrenuti su i ustrojeni 16. studenoga 1992., isprva samo kao dvosemestralni Sveučilišni komparativni studij hrvatske filozofije i društva. Taj je program potom preoblikovan u program redovitog četverogodišnjeg studija.Address: Borongajska cesta 83d, Zagreb (map)